[Swedish mustard sauce for gravlax cured salmon]
Hovmästarsås is a sweet and tangy mustard sauce served with cured salmon. I like to use a combination of three different mustards: Dijon, Swedish sweet and strong, and a coarse mustard from Skåne; however you could easily just use 100g of Dijon mustard if that's all that's available to you. You might need to add a touch more sugar to balance it out.
- 40 g Dijon mustard
- 30 g sweet mustard
- 30 g coarse mustard
- 40 g dark brown sugar
- 40 mL white wine vinegar
- 200 mL neutral oil
- black pepper freshly ground
- 30 g dill thinly chopped
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the dill, in a jug.
- Mix using smooth and emulsified using a hand-blender.
- Add more salt, pepper, sugar or vinegar to taste.
- Add the chopped dill.
- This sauce will keep in the fridge for up to a month.